Welcome to the Mobalytics Predictive Tier List for League of Legends for Patch 12.7!
Ready to climb in League of Legends Season 12? Our panel of experts has you covered for every role and rank.
Below, you’ll find our two League of Legends champion tier lists, one for general ELO (low ELO up to high Plat/low Diamond) and one for high ELO (high diamond up).
LoL Tier List 12.7
Click the icons for champion builds, counters, and more!
Top (God Tier)
Jungle (God Tier)
Mid Lane (God Tier)
For everybody else, we have prepared much more:
If you have any questions about our choices or process, ask us on Discord!
This list was curated in collaboration with our League Experts: Adam ‘Moriarty’ Isles, Dan ‘Aux’ Harrison and Phy, and our Role Specialists: Shikari, Only, Command Attack, and Yen. Unlike most tier lists, we publish ours before, or as a patch goes live, according to the predictions of our in-house experts.
- Our first tier list aimed at lower elo, specifically gold elo and the surrounding brackets. These picks are effective when utilized in lower ranks and are the best tools for helping you to climb the SoloQ ladder as far as Diamond.
- Our second tier list is for high elo, aimed at Diamond 2 and above. These picks are curated by our experts and are an indicator of the champions inherent strength when played at the highest level. For a lot of the user base this information isn’t super relevant for their games but provides invaluable insight into the game itself.
- We made the decision to return to two tier lists after heavily reviewing the feedback from our users. Ultimately we agreed that a general tier list aimed at Plat+ wouldn’t serve a majority of the playerbase and we had missed the mark.
- Our difficulty system relies on “Skill Floor”, meaning that a Simple champion will yield results faster (around 5-10 games of learning)
- If a champion has a higher skill floor (Hard or Severe), it will take more time to learn them (20-50 games +) but you will be rewarded with better results over time whereas a Simple champion may fall off as you climb higher.
For a more in-depth explanation for our methodology, head to the bottom of the article.
General LoL Tier List for Patch 12.7
Top Lane Tier List:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Ornn, Darius, Illaoi, Kayle, Mordekaiser, Sett, Shen, Urgot, Dr. Mundo, Garen, Malphite, Quinn, Sejuani, Teemo, Trundle, Warwick, Yorick|
|Great (A-tier)||Riven, Lillia, Fiora, Vayne, Yone, Akshan, Poppy, Singed, Tahm Kench, Cho’Gath, Jax, Nasus, Sejuani, Sion, Wukong|
|Good (B-tier)||Akali, Camille, Gangplank, Gnar, Irelia, Yasuo, Aatrox, Kled, Rumble, Vladimir, Gragas, Graves, Kennen, Tryndamere, Volibear|
Jungle Tier List:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Kha’Zix, Mordekaiser, Amumu, Diana, Master Yi, Nocturne, Nunu + Willump, Rammus, Sejuani, Shyvana, Trundle, Vi, Volibear, Warwick, Wukong, Zac|
|Great (A-tier)||Ekko, Lillia, Shaco, Fiddlesticks, Graves, Kayn, Poppy, Viego, Jarvan IV, Jax, Skarner|
|Good (B-tier)||Lee Sin, Nidalee, Rengar, Zed, Elise, Evelynn, Kindred, Ivern, Rek’Sai, Talon, Gragas, Udyr, Dr. Mundo, Jax, Wukong|
Mid Lane Tier List:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Anivia, Viktor, Ahri, Akshan, Fizz, Kayle, Pantheon, Zilean, Annie, Diana, Lux, Malzahar, Neeko, Veigar|
|Great (A-tier)||Katarina, Pyke, Yasuo, Zed, Cassiopeia, Ekko, Talon, Vel’Koz, Vladimir, Xerath, Yone, Swain, Vex, Brand, Lissandra|
|Good (B-tier)||Akali, Azir, Irelia, Sylas, Orianna, Rumble, Syndra, Galio, Kassadin, Karma, Malphite, Morgana, Seraphine, Tryndamere, Ziggs|
ADC Tier List:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Samira, Vayne, Jhin, Kog’Maw, Twitch, Xayah, Jinx, Miss Fortune, Seraphine, Veigar, Ziggs|
|Great (A-tier)||Draven, Ezreal, Yasuo, Cassiopeia, Kai’Sa, Lucian, Swain, Ashe, Sivir, Tristana|
|Good (B-tier)||Kalista, Zeri, Caitlyn, Heimerdinger, Karthus, Varus, Neeko|
Support Tier List:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Renata Glasc, Lulu, Senna, Zilean, Blitzcrank, Janna, Lux, Nami, Nautilus, Sona, Soraka, Zyra|
|Great (A-tier)||Pyke, Xerath, Alistar, Braum, Brand, Karma, Leona, Morgana, Seraphine|
|Good (B-tier)||Thresh, Bard, Rakan, Shaco, Vel’koz, Swain, Tahm Kench, Taric, Amumu, Maokai, Rell, Seraphine|
Expert pick commentary
To see all the explanations for our expert picks and more, head to our tier list feature!
Top – Yone
- Yone has always been a bit of a menace in low elo, and it can feel pretty unplayable when he starts snowballing.
- His unrivaled mobility, dueling potential and even teamfighting strengths make him a true pubstomping powerhouse.
- Yone’s receiving some buffs this patch too to his Ultimate, reducing its cooldown at later ranks. This means if Yone gets stronger earlier and has a level advantage, he’s going to be exceptionally hard to deal with.
- Yone has always been one of those champions that just 1v9’s in those elo games. A buff like this will encourage a lot more players to pick him up again, so let’s see if these changes tip him over the edge.
Jungle – Wukong
- Wukong’s been a very underrated champion for quite some time and these HUGE buffs are definitely going to make a significant difference.
- Not only have they buffed Wukongs jungle clear time but they’ve also made his Clone jump over walls. This is going to open up all sorts of avenues for unexpected ganks and just make him so much harder to deal with.
- Wukong’s dueling potential and damage throughout the early game are surprisingly strong and when you combine that with his incredible AoE damage & CC ultimate, you’ve got a pick capable of being very impactful throughout all stages of the game.
- He may well be the dark horse of this patch, so keep your eyes peeled for him!
Mid – Pantheon
- The few Pantheon mains in the game are already having a lot of secret success with him in the mid lane.
- His early game damage, his snowball potential, and his ability to carry by roaming around the map with his ultimate already make him an underrated pick this season.
- Now Riot are showing him some love, be sure to see a lot more of him and be prepared to realize just how powerful this champion can actually be.
Bottom – Miss Fortune
- The Muramana, Eclipse Miss Fortune build has been slowly ramping up in popularity over the last few patches, and now it’s simply hitting like a truck. With Galeforce being nerfed it could further encourage those champions who don’t build it to have that extra edge too.
- Muramana has probably been one of the strongest items in the game for a while now, and when combined with Miss Fortune’s heavily damaging abilities, it can easily allow her to one-shot entire teams when it’s all stacked up.
- All Miss Fortune needs is one good Ultimate with this lethality set-up and can easily win fights and carry games.
Support – Soraka
- Soraka has been pumping out those bananas all season, and this isn’t going to stop anytime soon. Her relentless sustain is just too good at the moment, and in a meta full of enchanters and long-range picks, she’s simply at her best right now. Ever since Riot buffed Soraka’s ultimate to cleanse grievous wounds it’s made her so much more effective than before it was fairly easy to nullify her heals. Now though, Soraka’s heals consistently make the difference throughout games.
Whether it’s getting through lane safely, getting across the map assists and clutch saves, or pumping out massive healing numbers in the late game fights.
High-ELO LoL Tier List for Patch 12.7
Best Top Laners for High Elo:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Camille, Gangplank, Irelia, Riven, Rengar, Aatrox, Fiora, Akshan, Shen, Jax, Quinn|
|Great (A-tier)||Azir, Jayce, Ornn, Yone, Illaoi, Kayle, Mordekaiser, Poppy, Sett, Singed, Tahm Kench, Urgot, Malphite, Sion, Tryndamere, Wukong|
|Good (B-tier)||Akali, Gnar, Yasuo, Gwen, Kled, Rumble, Vladimir, Darius, Gragas, Kennen, Dr. Mundo, Cho’Gath, Garen, Teemo, Trundle|
Best Junglers for High Elo:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Lee Sin, Nidalee, Rengar, Kha’Zix, Kindred, Rek’Sai, Shaco, Fiddlesticks, Viego, Diana, Nocturne, Wukong, Zac|
|Great (A-tier)||Qiyana, Ekko, Evelynn, Elise, Ivern, Lillia, Taliyah, Graves, Kayn, Poppy, Jarvan IV, Nunu + Willump, Rammus, Trundle, Vi, Volibear,|
|Good (B-tier)||Zed, Talon, Gragas, Karthus, Mordekaiser, Hecarim, Sejuani, Shyvana, Warwick, Xin Zhao|
Best Mid Laners for High Elo:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Akali, Katarina, Qiyana, Zoe, Anivia, Talon, Viktor, Ahri, Akshan, Fizz, Zilean, Diana, Neeko|
|Great (A-tier)||Aurelion Sol, Azir, Irelia, Pyke, Sylas, Cassiopeia, Vladimir, Yone, Kassadin, Pantheon, Vex, Annie, Tryndamere, Veigar|
|Good (B-tier)||LeBlanc, Yasuo, Ekko, Orianna, Rumble, Syndra, Twisted Fate, Xerath, Galio, Kayle, Cho’Gath, Lux, Tristana|
Best ADC for High Elo:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Draven, Yasuo, Vayne, Jhin, Karthus,Twitch, Jinx, Seraphine, Veigar|
|Great (A-tier)||Ezreal, Zeri, Kai’Sa, Lucian, Samira, Caitlyn, Kog’Maw, Xayah, Ashe, Ziggs|
|Good (B-tier)||Aphelios, Kalista, Cassiopeia, Swain, Varus, Brand, Miss Fortune, Sivir, Tristana|
Best Supports for High Elo:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Renata Glasc, Lulu, Senna, Blitzcrank, Janna, Nami, Sona, Soraka|
|Great (A-tier)||Pyke, Thresh, Bard, Rakan, Alistar, Braum, Zilean, Karma, Maokai, Nautilus, Rell, Zyra|
|Good (B-tier)||Shaco, Xerath, Galio, Poppy, Tahm Kench, Taric, Amumu, Brand, Leona, Lux, Morgana, Seraphine, Yuumi|
Top – Gangplank
- Gangplank one tricks have been destroying solo queue for a while now, and this patch is going to make them even stronger with some unexpected buffs to his passive and his W.
- His damage is simply unbelievable and those late game barrels are enough to win any fight on their own.
- Gangplank is arguably one of the hardest top lane champions in the game, but those high elo players are really making the most of this picks insane carry potential.
- He takes some practice, but if you can be efficient enough on him and scale up as soon as possible, he becomes a 1v9 machine capable of winning any game by himself!
Jungle – Rengar
- Rengar has been absolutely dominating since his mini rework in Patch 12.6.
- The Crit changes to his Q and the quality of life changes to his whole kit make him feel far less punishing to play and now it feels like you don’t have to worry about perfecting his jungle clear as much.
- The new passive leap changes feel so good to play around with and open up tons of new flexibility to his combos and overall it just makes this champion a lot less hit or miss.
- Rengar still fits into that one trick category, but currently, those high elo Rengar mains are basically just farming freelo, when it’s not permabanned anyway!
Mid – Akshan
- Akshan’s ability to potentially revive his whole team has kept him in a very good position ever since his release and as long as this stays in his kit, he’ll always be relevant.
- It’s not just that though, Akshan has tons of early game burst, survivability, damage, and mobility that allows him to get so far ahead in the early game and completely run away with games if so.
- Akshan’s ability to constantly shove and roam with his stealth makes him so difficult to play against and this works best in that mid lane where you never know where he’s going to gank.
- Those resets on his E make him so slippery and difficult to shut down making this champion very frustrating to play against and very hard to beat this patch.
Bottom – Vayne
- Vayne has been very strong all season, but she did take a hit after a few nerfs back earlier on in the season.
- Since then though, her fellow strong AD Carry rivals have been nerfed and she’s slowly started coming out on top just a bit above the rest again.
- Vayne’s core item spike is as early as it’s ever been, and with just Shieldbow & Guinsoo’s, she becomes everything you want her to be.
- Her ability to completely outplay entire teams with her kiting and mechanics means, in high elo, she’s easily one of the best champions in the game to carry with.
Support – Renata Glasc
- Renata has been pretty hit and miss since her release but there’s no question as to how much this champion has to offer. She has shields, damage, CC, buffs, boosts, revivals, and the ability to turn entire enemy teams against themselves. In high elo, players definitely know how to utilize all of this far better and this is why she’s so popular and so strong at those higher ranks.
- Her early game is still very easy to punish as her cooldowns are so long, but if you know how to make those abilities count, she can feel broken.
- Renata’s W is one of the most insane abilities in the game if you get it right and it’s genuinely game-changing in the right situations.
- If you get to late a game on this champion you’re going to have a lot of fun, especially if you land a 5 man level 3 Ultimate!
Format and Methodology
Our difficulty ratings focus on how long it would take to start seeing a champion’s power level on our list in terms of the number of games invested.
Let’s say you’re debating between learning and climbing with Jax (A-tier | Simple) or Rengar (A-tier | Severe) – you’re going to want to go with Jax. Why? This is because Jax has a lower skill floor and would require less games to play at an A-Tier level in solo queue. If you tried to pick up Rengar, you wouldn’t get the full value of A-tier until after about 15 matches of practice whereas with Jax, you would get that full 15 every time you play him.
Another example would be between Nidalee (S-tier | Intense) vs Xin Zhao (B-Tier | Simple). Let’s say you’re about to play your last match before promos and you get auto-filled to Jungle (a role you’re not too familiar with). Even though he’s lower on the list, you’d be better off choosing Xin because you don’t have the required number of games to break the skill floor of Nidalee.
Higher skill floor champions will scale better with time investment – Severe champs will outperform Simple champs in the long run because Simple champs generally have their weaknesses exposed the higher you climb.
So if your question is, “How long until I’ll start seeing results?”, the answer would be harder = longer time, easier = shorter time. If your question is. “Will this champion still be strong as I climb in ranks?”, the answer would be harder = moreso, easier = less so.
Disclaimer #1: If a champion isn’t on our Tier List, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t climb with them. You’ll just have to put in more effort to get similar results as our Optimal, Great, and Good choices for climbing.
Disclaimer #2: This list is meant to evaluate the champions that we believe are best for climbing Solo Queue. Although there can certainly be some overlap, we are NOT looking to name the champions that are the best in pro-play or organized, competitive 5 on 5. This is why champs that require a ton of team coordination such as Ryze, may not be included or ranked highly.
As always, we welcome all discussion and feedback. If you have any questions about picks that we didn’t expand on or would like to let us know how you feel about Patch 12.7 and our predictions in general, join us in our Discord! If you’re wondering how we make our tier list, check out our video explanation.